Friday, November 27, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Humorist, Journalist, co-founder of "Harvard Lampoon" and the national humor magazine "Life."
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
2. iTunes. :-)
3. Music -- all kinds.
4. Hot water heaters
5. Dogs -- they like you even when nobody else does.
6. Instant pleasures -- Digital photos, e-mail, MP3's, on-line movies, etc. -- you get the idea.
7. Plenty food to put in the pot for "Soupy Sunday"
8. Clean clothes -- and the ease with which we can acquire them these days. (My grandmother did laundry once a week on a ringer washer, hung them out to dry, sprinkled them and then ironed them -- but they were clean in the end, just a lot more work!).
9. Bold hot coffee in the morning. Any morning, but especially on Saturday mornings.
10. Beautiful colors in our world, and the ability to see them.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Note: The best stuff is from about 1:12 to about 2:42.
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c|
|CNN Leaves It There|
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
For CNN, it's a move so desperate it reminds me of a girl from high school, Sally, whose nickname shall not be repeated in the family blog (let's just say it rhymes with nutty).
Monday, October 12, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
4 lbs. sweet onions (like Vidalias or Walla Wallas)
4 1/2 c. beef broth
1/2 c. butter
splash of Worcestershire
provolone or provel cheese (for you lucky St. Louisans)
Melt the butter. Chop the onions however small you like the chunks in your soup and put in the crock pot. Pour the butter over them and toss to coat. Stir in the beef broth and Worcestershire. Cook on low for 14-18 hours or on high for 8-10. Pour into bowls, place a slice of french bread in soup, put a piece of cheese on top and pop in the oven until cheese melts.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
My favorite part is when it says they should shop at Wal-Mart. Lol! Insert knife here, and twiiiisssstt.
Monday, August 10, 2009
The Chicago air show is next weekend, which means they practice all week by buzzing my building (or so it seems). It's like the final scene of Top Gun outside, except of course no Migs, no explosions, and no homosexual undertones (will never understand why Val Kilmer does that biting thing). Actually, they're really just flying around. The windows are rattling, though.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
I ordered it on Thursday night. YAY! Everybody's out of them in Seattle, so I have to wait a few days. Not the instant gratification I was looking for, but this will give me time for app shopping.
PS. I know I said I was going to wait, but this purchasing decision may or may not have come immediately after a tequila tasting.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
-- Charles Swindoll , author, educator, pastor
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
First, Jenna, who reviews books on her blog, The Hive, has honored "The Man Who Does Not Exist," with a One Lovely Blog Award.
Jenna writes, "I really enjoy your description. It really comes alive when you read it."
Jenna's most recent book review is of "A Thousand Splendid Suns," by Khaled Hosseini, the celebrated author of "The Kite Runner."
Even more significant, over on twitter, Noveltweets, recommended that her more than 3,000 followers read "The Man Who Does Not Exist," calling it "Poetic romance."
This is an especially inspiring recommendation as Noveltweets is written by Kristin Callendar. Not only does Kristin tweet, but she's also the author of, "The Truth Lies in the Dark."
Rome wasn't built in a day, so maybe I'm starting to get a little traction. Thanks for all the help and support!
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
1. Supporting his MU Tigers while being held by uncle Josh (a few weeks ago).
2. Just smiling away...he does that a lot now. He's so alert.
3. Heading to the office...Brittney brought him up to Luke's work for the first time wearing this outfit...yes, they're khakis. I love this picture!!!
He couldn't be sweeter or cuter! He's healthy and growing at rapid speeds (15 pounds now and he's about 9 weeks old). Luke and Brittney are having a great time with him and they are just the best parents.
1) Go to Digg and sign up.
2) In Digg's search box enter "the man who doesn't exist" (quotes aren't necessary)
3) You'll get terrible search results.
4) Refine your search by using the three drop-down boxes right below the new search box (which will appear roughly in the center of the page). In the first drop-down select, "title only". In the second, "all stories." In the third, "sort best match first."
5) This should yield my blog.
6)Then simply click on the white "digg it" button on the right.
Your done. Sorry so convoluted. There's an easier way to do this now that I've added new digg, stumbleupon, delico.us, etc. buttons. But if you go through the new buttons, it creates a brand new digg with no votes.
Thanks for all the help!