Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Evil Wal-Mart Shoppers

It's rare that when demeaned I feel a surge of pride. That changed yesterday when I read this comment (below) from a reader responding to Bill Kristol's Monday column in the New York Times.

Well, Walmart stores and its right-wing policies are certainly not my idea of the source of a "model" for the first/second highest positions in the United States. Although I can not say that I've NEVER shopped there, the very few times that I have been in the stores, I felt as if I'd landed on another planet. It would be easy, however, to imagine the Beauty Queen as a frequent shopper and "at home" in this very "odd" place.

I cannot believe that such a person has been placed on the GOP ticket...after suffering through the lastest GOP 8 years...it is hard to fathom that the GOP could sink any lower...but they have managed to do so with Palin. Her extreme right wing ideas and paper thin resume are downright frightening. I've worked all my life in high-tech jobs and raised two children...but she in NO WAY represents my experience or views.

I am so afraid that the un-informed Bush voters will NOT see through the deceptive "values" of this woman and McBush....if not, it will be the end of the already diminished prestige of our country. We'll be the laughing stock of the world.

Let me see if I have this straight. If you shop at Wal-Mart, you're odd. By that logic it must also be true that if you shop elsewhere, you're a condescending snob.

This must be an example of the vaunted intellect that led to John Kerry's Presidential victory in 2004. I for one have trouble following it.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, how incredibly demeaning. And, McBush, seriously? Sounds like the Bush voters aren't the only ones not informed.

The laughing stock of the world? Fine... the world can have their 15% unemployment, and we'll go cry into our big piles of money.

Melissa said...

Oh, and also, don't talk to me about politicians pandering to the middle america wal-mart shoppers because that dress Michelle Obama had on the last night of the DNC was a direct shot at that same market.

Now see... you've got me all riled up :)

Briar Rose said...

This person is a snob of the worst sort and he/she probably eats too much arugala. If we get rid of the evil Wal-mart stores, where will all the people that Bush caused to be poor shop? Some of these people supporting the Osama Bin-Biden ticket are downright scary.